Monday, December 28, 2009
Test Results
I had my regular doctors appointment this morning and learned my last round of test results were still elevated and not what they should be. At this point the doctor thinks it could basically be two things, either cholestasis or preeclampsia. She said there is nothing that I can do but go in for weekly tests for the remainder of the pregnancy in order to monitor my enzyme and protein levels. The enzymes can't get above 900 and the protein levels can't get above 300. If either of those cases occur then Baby T will be delivered right away. Right now the enzyme levels are around 400 and protein a little under 200, so if everything can at least stay status quo for the next 5 weeks then my doctor and myself will be very happy. My doctor is shooting to make it to 38 weeks and then she thinks she will induce me at that point. But pretty much its a week by week thing now and I'll go to the doctor each week, get tests run each week, and just wait and see each week. I'm not sure what the specialist will say next Monday, so that might change everything anyway. With all of this craziness that is going on with my body, Baby T should be doing just fine in there anyway, thank goodness. So that's all I know for now. After my appointment this morning I went to the lab and got more blood drawn. I'll call tomorrow to check on my levels. It was a lot of information and craziness in one morning and I'm a little overwhelmed right now, but the good news is the baby is okay. My countdown shrunk by 14 days all in one morning and it looks like Baby T will be here in about 5 weeks instead of 7. I better get busy finishing everything up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for explaining all the tests, Chrissy. You, Baby T and Zach are in our prayers as you keep nourishing that little guy and get him ready for his grand entrance. It sure sounds like you are doing everything you can, and your team of physicians is on top of all the details. We love you!
Post a Comment