Wednesday, December 9, 2009

2 Strikes and I'm outta there!

This is my vent for the week, readers beware...

For the most part this pregnancy people have been really nice with comments. I always read on these messages boards about rude comments from people, both who you know and strangers, but for the most part I've been lucky. Today things changed. Let me start by explaining my day from the beginning... I went to bed kind of early last night feeling like poo, woke up this morning and puked right before I had to leave for work. Drove to work in the pouring rain wishing the entire time we would of had a delay. Get to work, still feeling like poo (took a plastic bag with me for the car ride just in case anything else was on its way), the kids were bonkers and it was only Wednesday. The first two classes went pretty well, during planning I went to make copies and ran into a teacher that I rarely see. She was asking me about my pregnancy, same old same old for a while. She asks how far along I am and I say 7 months, feeling pretty good about my answer. She looks at me and then my stomach in shock, and says "Are you having TWINS?" So I take this as a backhanded way to say, wow you're looking fat! In my shock, I somehow utter out "nope, just one!" instead of what really was going through my mind. But even worse, as I'm trying to get over the comment, she reaches out and touches my belly!! Seriously?!?! This was the first person to go in for the random belly touch and let me tell you, super uncomfortable and unwanted. Friends and family go for it, but co-workers I see about once a month, inappropriate. Within two minutes this lady had two strikes. With my feeling like poo and me just being all crazy hormonal, I needed to get out of there. So I quickly ended the conversation and went on my way. Whew! Was she trying to be rude, probably not. Did I take it the wrong way, maybe. But today was just not the day for any of it.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm so proud!

Dave Doc said...

I would have hit her with book. or a fist. hey your hormonal you could have gotten away with it.

Christine said...

I like how you think brother :)