Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Heartburn???

I had my first case of heartburn the other night. At the time I had no clue what it was. I've never had heartburn before so when I woke up feeling pain and discomfort the other morning at 4 am I was a bit concerned. I managed to go back to sleep a little before my alarm went off at 5:30 but the pain and discomfort was still there. I went straight to the Internet and realized it was most likely heartburn. I feel for people who experience this normally, it was no fun. I've pretty much only had it at night and after reading all about it theres not too much I can do to prevent it during pregnancy. Apparently about 70% of pregnant women get heartburn, I guess I could say I'm lucky to have made it this far without it. Either way, if it continues to be a problem when I'm sleeping I may invest in some Tums. To be honest they look and sound gross but whatever. I know I still have a ways to go but some days and more so nights I'm counting down the weeks because I just keep getting more and more uncomfortable and tired. T minus 11 weeks.

2 comments:

ABA said...

I think Tums come in 'fruit' flavors!
Sorry you are starting to feel uncomfortable at night ... 11 more weeks ... you can hang in there!!!
Love ya!

ABA said...

hummmm - I think Tums comes in 'fruit' flavors :-)