We spent the day at our marathon childbirth class, but we covered everything in one day and now we're done. Some of the day was boring and pointless, some scared me a bit, and some I actually found helpful. I do feel more comfortable overall though from the day. Apparently there is still a lot more I need to do before the baby comes: talk to insurance about whats covered, find a pediatrician, create a birth plan, pack a hospital bag, and try to relax.
The videos weren't that bad today, saw three births total and then a few more on medical options. From day 1 of this pregnancy I was positive I wanted an epidural as soon as I could get one. Well after learning all about them today I'm not too sure if that's what I really want. I think I'll go in with the mind set to go as far as I can naturally and then make decisions from there. Epidural definitely isn't out but I'm not as excited about it as I was before today. I'm a real wuss when it comes to pain though and am doubtful I can actually make it all the way through labor without one. Ugh, so what to do, what to do...
Other than the pain medicine options, everything else was more reassuring. We practiced breathing techniques, laboring positions, and other techniques to use during labor. At the end of the day we took a tour of Women's and Babies and saw labor and delivery rooms, the nursery, and recovery rooms. The facility is really nice and now I know what to expect when I actually go into labor and make it to the hospital. We also got to see 3 really cute newborns in the nursery! I can't believe how small they were! One of the babies was a bit bigger and I thought, I'm not sure I could push one out that size, haha.
I feel like Baby T, Zach, and I will be in good hands while we're there and that's what I needed. The only real downer for the day is that the chairs were so uncomfortable. Now my tail bone and back are killing me. Pregnant ladies on uncomfortable chairs and the floor all day is not a good idea. I did get a few back rubs from Zach though during our day, so it's all good :)
4 comments:
Maybe you will have the very first pain free natural birth :-)
Just keep the good thoughts of that sweet little baby when it's all over!!! Love ya!
what is a birth plan??
a birth plan just kind of tells the doctor/nurses what I want during labor in terms of medicine, what I want them to use or not use on the baby, if you want to breastfeed, and all that sort of stuff. They give you a form to fill out, so its pretty easy.
Post a Comment