Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Life with a Newborn

It's so true what people say, your life changes instantly when you have a baby. I would have never imagined myself doing some of the things I've done in the past 10 days or reacting the way I have. For example, last week we came home and Luke was having trouble having a poopy diaper. He finally had a good one the next day and Zach and I were so excited! I would have never imagined being so ecstatic to see poop. Zach, Luke, and I celebrated. I've been peed on, pooped on, and spit up on and I don't even care. Zach and I laugh at everything and I'm never grossed out. Imagine that. It's not all about dirty diapers with a newborn, of course I love the more pleasant parts as well, but that part is expected. Overall, life with a newborn is completely different than life as just a family of two and I absolutely love it! My few minutes of "me" time are almost up, so here are a few more pictures.

Before Luke's first bath!


After Luke's first bath! I don't know how people get bath time pictures, Zach and I had our hands full :)


We got out of the house today and I think this is one my new favorite outfits for him.


And another picture from bath time I just think is cute.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh gosh! I just want to hold him!!! These pics are wonderful! You are right, the outfit is adorable. You both are doing such a great job! :-)

Jen said...

Miss you! I am coming to visit At some point after we all get healthy again! Pics are adorable. And yes, bath pics are essential. ;). We have more than a few!

ABA said...

Ahhh - the last pic after bath ... he's looking at you with eyes wide open asking...."What was that" ?????
He's so precious!!!!

AG said...

Thanks for your updates and pics. I am so eager to meet Luke and give you big hugs! Time to snuggle in for another snowy blast. Luke's the *blizzard kid* and arrived at a safe time. Whew.
Love you!

Karen said...

It's the little things! The last pic is so cute!

Kimberley Smith said...

Love all the pics Chris! He is absolutely adorable! My favorite is the one of you holding him after his first bath!! :-)