Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Love my couch, hate lawn mowers

Who would have thought that all my hard work 4 years ago would be so beneficial right now? Our couch is amazing! Four years ago when looking all over for a couch, I spent my time laying on each one making sure it was nap worthy, and it turns out its pregnancy worthy too! The couch is the only place that I can lay comfortably on my stomach. I'm a stomach sleeper and when I try it in bed its pretty uncomfortable. Baby T is getting bigger and my bed just isn't cutting it. But the couch is just squishy enough and worn in enough that I can still lay on my stomach to take a nap. Wonderful!!! I know this won't last much longer probably, but I'm still happy for now.

I had grand plans today, left work right at 3, was home by 3:30, and ready to nap by 3:40 UNTIL the lawn mowers, leaf blowers, and weed whackers arrived! It's so nice out so the windows are open and just my luck that they decided to mow today instead of the normal Wednesday, AND they decided to do it at the end of the day rather than the morning. So needless to say, no real nap for me. Tomorrow and Thursday are busy, so maybe my dream nap time will come true on Friday. For now I'll suck it up and go make dinner, watch some tv, do some work, and go to bed early instead.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

You are just too funny!!! You will have to stay up until 10 pm for Big Brother though!! Love ya

Anonymous said...

Naps on a sofa? Now you are speaking my language. There isn’t a lawn mower, leaf blower, dog, screaming child or even a train that can keep me from my sofa naps. Will have to teach the teacher how to nap. For the record, I never buy a sofa without going horizontal to check out the nap-appeal. Not that you need an invite but you in-law’s sofa is always available.

Papa fred