Saturday, October 10, 2009

Second Class Citizen?

I'm getting to the point where almost all of my pre-pregnancy clothes don't fit, so we decided to take a trip to the mall tonight to do some shopping. My goal for the evening: pair of black work pants (somehow I was still squeezing into one regular pair) and some fall/winter shirts and sweaters. I ended up with one pair of pants and one sweater. It is so hard shopping for maternity clothes. Everything makes me feel huge, which I'm having issues with right now but I'll get over it, and the selection is so small. Zach jokes that I'm a second class citizen now and I'm starting to agree! We started at Kohl's, they had a whopping 2 racks of clothes to chose from!! Really? How am I suppose to dress myself for the next 4 months off of two racks!?! Anyway, I did pull a few things off and wanted to try them on. Well there are no fitting rooms near the maternity "section", I had to walk half way across the store to the misses department just to try them on. They must want me to work off the ice cream I ate after dinner, geez! Anyway, in the end I left empty handed. Next we went to JCPenny. Their selection is up to about 8 racks, which is a huge selection compared to Kohls. This is where I found the pants and one sweater. But the exciting part is, as I was trying on clothes, Zach went wandering and came back with the cutest little Phillies onesie that came with booties and a bib! Our boy is set already! And to top it all off, everything was on sale! (I love Penny's right now :)) So we checked out Motherhood Maternity and Boscov's but no more luck with clothes. Either way, out of the entire mall there may be a total of 15 racks of maternity clothes. I think this is unacceptable. So if you see me walking around with clothes that are too tight or too small, you now know why. I thought pregnant women were suppose to get special treatment, hah. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of online shopping in the near future.

2 comments:

ABA said...

Yikes ... I thought there were a few speciality shops for expectant moms??? Hummm... where are they !!!
Your mom is an excellent seamstress .... she has nothing to do :-) Does Babies R Us carry clothes for mom's to be?

Ruth said...

OH my - do the on-line thing -- It is much easier and you just send them back. You have to pay postage, but you don't have to spend all that time running from here to there! Good luck!! You always look so nice!! love ya