Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thoughts of the Day

Meetings suck - it feels like two days in one when we have an early dismissal day at work.  It sounds so wonderful, dismissing early, but really the kids go home and probably nap, watch awesome tv, play with their friends, and us teachers get to watch "motivational" videos and work on common assessments.  Wooo (sarcasm folks, sarcasm)

Rain is CRAZY - I woke up this morning a tad late but managed to shower, make myself look all pretty, and get my butt to work on time.  It wasn't raining when I left my house and rained a little on the way to work.  As I'm pulling into the parking lot and heading into the building the sky opened up on little umbrella-less, coat-less me.  Let's just say bad hair day.  Funny enough, it happened again on my way out of school.  Score.

Doctor office rooms need entertainment - Luke had his 15 month appointment today.  He did really well and was all about flirting with the nurses.  Our only problem is the waiting in the actual room.  The waiting area is great, lots of other kids to look at, toys all around, so much going on.  The room itself has nice paintings all over the wall and books that are torn and pages falling out.  Not so great for a ancy toddler.  I bring toys, snacks, books, my phone, everything but he still gets a little worked up each time.

I have the cutest little kid ever - completely biased of course ;)  Luke is so animated right now, makes me smile all the time.  And even though he's started with a few tantrums he also has started coming up to me to give his version of hugs and my heart melts each and every time.  I want to bottle the hugs, pats, and all up and keep them forever.

And because I'm so on top of things I'm actually posting this on Thursday even though it's all my thoughts of Wednesday...

No comments: