Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ketchup

I've been a bad blogger lately, forgive me.  Here's the highlights of the past week or so. 

Last weekend was fun, busy, and fast.  I got some things done around the house. We went to a picnic at a co-workers house.  Lots of kids for Luke to play with and some adult time to relax and laugh with friends.

Sunday strapped Luke in the car and visited almost all of my family.  Luke tried to help my dad's neighbors with their gardening/trimming, was amazed that the dog they are watching didn't run away from him, and got to run around their backyard for a little.  Then we went to my step-sister's house and I got to meet my new nephew Devin....adorable!  He was only 5 days old and so teeny tiny and cute.  You really do forget how little they are.  Then it was off to my moms house for a little to say hi and back in the car to head home.  It was a good day.

This past week marks the single digit countdown to the end of school.  With that comes a lot of excitement and anticipation for summer but also a ton of things to be done.  The students are mostly mentally done and I'm forcing myself not to join them.  Now that its a long weekend, we're officially down to 8 days, woo!  That also means no more full weeks of work until August!  Can't really complain about much when we you say it that way.  It also means saying goodbye to a few team members, which we started to do at the retirement dinner on Thursday.  I have awesome co-workers who will be missed and I'm also amazed they have been teaching middle school kids for 35+ years.  I'm only at 6 and its hard to imagine. 

This morning I'm feeling really old.  I got up before 6:30 all on my own.  Luke and Zach are still sound asleep upstairs and I'm down here blogging.  Strange.  Really strange.  If you know me well at all, you'll understand.  Anyway, we have a day of mulching and planting flowers ahead of us, working on my tan hopefully.  If I can get that all done today the rest of the weekend is just for relaxation.  Looking forward to it.  Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: