Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lighting the Way

I caught this nasty sore throat/cold thing over the weekend.  It's the first time I've been sick in forever and it sucks.  I have the most sensitive nose ever and after about two blows I'm officially Rudolph.  All I heard today was, "Are you sick?  You're nose is really red?"  from a bijillion 7th graders.  I also have the awesome coarse voice to go with it.  I'm a real hit right now, watch out! 

I've tried everything for my nose not to look ridiculous every time I catch a cold but nothing works.  I even went to work today with my own lotion filled Puffs Plus box - coolest new accessory by the way - in order to not torture myself with the horrible things they call tissues at work but still have a nasty red chapped nose.  If anyone has any extra time on their hands, work on creating an even softer, more lotiony tissue for weirdos like me. 

Tonight I had big plans - lots of laundry and lots of grading, woo hoo - which I got none accomplished except for Lukes clothes.  I was ready for bed at 6:30 but I was home alone with a bouncing toddler.  So hopefully I'll be snuggling with my box of tissues some time very soon. 

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Ut oh. I'll work on the tissue/nose thing.

AG said...

Then pitch it to the guys/gal on Shark Tank. You'll be rich quick!

Hope you are feeling better today.