Friday I was looking forward to the weekend but I just thought it would pretty normal compared to our other weekends. Well it turned out to be fantastic. Saturday we ran some errands and hung out around the house, just the three of us. I actually went to bed before 9 that night and it was wonderful!
Sunday was Mother's Day so I got to sleep in - which actually never happens because our house is fairly small and if Luke is up then we're all up. But it's all good, I still got to lay in bed slightly longer than normal. Then we did nothing - Zach and I actually both felt like crud so we laid around the house for the morning. After Luke's afternoon nap we packed up the car and headed to my moms. Friday night she called with an offer of Phillies tickets, and who I am to decline that offer?! So Moms and Pops agreed to watch Luke, Zach and I met my best friend and her husband down at the game and we ended the day hanging out at Citizen's Bank Park. Not too shabby.
This morning we headed from my moms house to the Philly Zoo. The weather today rocks, Luke seemed to like the animals, and I got to spend an extra day with my family so life was good.
Overall it was just a great weekend full of all those moments that you wish you could just bottle up and keep. I'm not going to get all sentimental but I feel so lucky to be a mom and have a little family. Enough said.
Zach took lots of pictures at the zoo today, more of the animals I think than of us humans, but after I look through them I'll post them if there are any good ones. Until then I'm off to enjoy the last few hours of my day off.
No comments:
Post a Comment