Friday, August 6, 2010

Masters - Check!

I finished my masters degree this week!  I'm super excited to be done and it made me start to think about all the different graduations I've had.

Kindergarten - I don't really remember much about this but I know at the end of the year we went on this really fun picnic somewhere - couldn't tell you much more than that.  But I do have pictures! (Honestly I do have girly hair, it's just pulled back in a ponytail....I know from this picture it doesn't appear that way :))

Fifth Grade - This one was more exciting, I mean heck, next I got to go to Middle School!  Woohoo!  If I only knew I'd be spending the rest of my life in middle school I'm not sure I would have been that excited, hah.  I do remember being sad that I was going to be split up from my friends....there were only 2 of us within walking distance of the closest middle school and we were a walker only building.  So I had to start branching out, yikes! I'm all the way to the left in the blue dress with the ruffles...I'm stylin'!

Eighth Grade - This is when you really thought you were cool, like really cool and could rule the world cool.  Unfortunately, in reality I'm sure I wasn't that cool at all.  But just like every other 13-14 year old I felt on top of the world.....until I became a freshman...dun dun dun!

High School Graduation - This was the big one.  I was so happy to be done, so excited to get off to college, but so sad that I would have to move away from my friends.  It's true what they say, there are a lot of people I haven't seen since I graduated and probably never will again.  The good friends of course I still talk to to this day and that's what really counts. 

College - WHOA!  This one hits you like a ton of bricks.  I grew so close to people in college, loved the freedom, and loved having everyone and everything so close all the time.  Let's just say there were some really fun times.  Anyway, when you graduate you instantly have to become a real adult.  Jobs, bills, more responsibility.  In the end it was all good, but at the time it was a bit emotional.


And now college again...  This time it's not daunting or crazy.  I'm super excited to be done but this one doesn't really change my life in a drastic way like the ones before.  I'm proud I did it, I knew I kind of had to do it though to keep my teaching certificate valid, and I know there will be more courses in the future.  No parties, no sad goodbyes, no new stuff its moving me on to, and even no walking to get my diploma.  I mean I could but just send me my diploma and I'll be happy.  I think to celebrate this time I'll just enjoy a margarita or two with my husband...it's been 15 months since I've had one!  This could get interesting ;)

4 comments:

AG said...

GREAT PHOTOS AND MEMORIES!
Congrats, Chrissy, and make sure you get that fatter paycheck!
And may I suggest you need one more pic...the Masters Margarita photo, including Zach and Luke!
Love you!

Ruth said...

I just can't tell you how proud I am! You're the best!! Love ya!

Kimberley Smith said...

Love this update and the photos!!!

ABA said...

WOW, sweet pea.... I am so proud of you !! Great dialog on the progression of your life .... you are so special !!!