Monday, April 26, 2010

Who turned on the waterworks?

Oh wait, that was me! I was crying before I backed out of the driveway this morning (if you don't know, my driveway is all of 40 feet). I composed myself by the time I hit route 30 and thought I was good. Driving in, listening to a morning show on the radio, just like old times. I was good until I got almost to school and it hit me that I was going to be there ALL day and not get to see the little guy. So more tears, but again composed myself before I went in the building.

Things at school were overwhelming at first, even though my room was fairly neat and put together, it wasn't the way I had it and I'm weird like that so it added to my stress. Classes overall though were great and I got back into the swing of teaching really easy. The students kept me busy all day and even though I didn't really know what I was teaching coming into today it was all good and things just kind of fell into place. I didn't have any tears at work, but my eyes got really watery when I called home twice and when Luke sent me flowers...(thanks Mom! :)) BUT I held it together and I survived. Luke survived too, seemed like he did better than me, hah.

One thing I did learn today though, pumping at work sucks! It's extremely strange and uncomfortable, but it also takes for-ev-er! I only get a 40 minute planning and a 30 minute lunch. Pumping takes up at least half of each, sigh. Today I didn't want to spend my lunch doing it but I think after school is an even worse option. So this means little to no adult interaction for me. Oh well, I'll get some sort of routine down and things will get better.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

You can call me when you're pumping....I'll be HAPPY to talk to you!!! :-) Love ya... :)

Jen said...

You were a champ today!

Has your pump "talked" to you yet? I used to think mine would be saying words to me over and over and over and over again. Something to the tune of "This sucks This sucks This sucks..."
(Not that I ever pumped at work as my days were short-lived).

Good luck on Day 2, see ya Wednesday!