Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Big 2-7!

My first birthday as a mommy! Luke and I got to nap together this morning and went to his 2 month appointment this afternoon. Even on my birthday its all about Luke and thats a-okay! My life has changed so much in the past year. It was actually a year ago today that I got the okay from my doctor to start trying to get pregnant and now a year later we have a handsome little Luke in our lives. I doubt I could have imagined how different things would be compared to this time last year or how quickly it all happened. 27 sounds so much older to me than 26 and now I'm older than Zach for a few months, weird. Oh well, I still don't look 27 so no worries, hah!

Luke weighed in at 11 pounds 10.5 ounces today! He's growing so fast! His checkup went well, he got a lot of shots today and handled them like a trooper. Some tears but no freak outs. Soon after the shots and tears he fell asleep and is still napping now. Poor little guy. Since he got a thumbs up from the doctor we don't go back until 4 months...what will he weigh by then???

The rest of the birthday is pretty low key, we'll have dinner as a little family and watch some tv...the weather is too crappy for a walk tonight. The big celebrations start later this week. Zach and I have our first date night planned for Thursday - I'm so excited! We're just doing dinner but it will be just Zach and me, yay! Then Friday night I'm off to get a massage, my birthday present from Zach. I may even enjoy my first adult beverage (or two) in almost a year in the next few days, wowza!

No comments: