Sunday, March 4, 2012

Updates

How is it Sunday night already?  Geez weekends go fast sometimes.

This weekend we had a lot of progress on the kids rooms.  Saturday we got Luke's twin mattress and plan to make the switch this coming Friday.  I'm a bit nervous, I think there will be a lot of getting out of the bed to play which means less sleep for us, so starting it the first night of the weekend seems like the best idea. 

Today my mom came and the nursery is no longer a storage room.  We piled tons and tons of boxes in there when we moved 3 months ago and I haven't looked back since.  Today I found things I didn't even realize I was missing, got rid of all sorts of things I'm not sure why I even packed in the first place, and unpacked almost all of the essential baby things for little lady T.  Her closet is full of cuteness and I don't think there is too much I'll have to buy before her arrival. 

Valences were hung in Luke's room and curtains in the nursery thanks to the craftiness of my mom.  Window treatments add so much to a room and make it look better instantly.  I'll take pictures eventually when we get more of the rooms completed.  I'm kind of at a standstill for a while until Luke's furniture arrives, which could be another month or so.  Then we'll be able to get all nursery furniture into the nursery and have all of his big boy things in his room.  Eventually we'll get there.  I'm hesitant to hang things on the wall without the furniture being there so I think I'll just wait.

Tomorrow also marks 1 week on my new diet.  The nutritionist last week was hesitant to call it a diet but I haven't gained any weight since I've been on it, which when you're 31 weeks pregnant is not how things are supposed to go.  Anyway, I basically just count carbs all day long.  They gave me specific guidelines for how many carbs I can eat at each meal and snack and what times of the day I need to eat each meal and snack.  So far I have been eating a lot of the same things everyday.  I'm getting bored with it already.  The really sucky part is no sweets, limited fruits, no juice - actually just water really, and all the yummy foods you dream about are out.  I have learned a ton about what I eat though, which I guess will be beneficial in the long run.  Either way it is all worth it as long as little lady T comes around the right time and is nice and healthy.  I prick my finger 4 times a day and all of my numbers have been fine.  This makes me want to experiment with other foods a little and see how my body processes them but I'll wait until after I talk my doctor Tuesday.

And with all that happening I've been exhausted all week, hence the no posts and this crazy lump of a post.  Hopefully this week will be better.

No comments: