Last weekend we made the big switch from the crib to the big boy bed. Luke did surprisingly well. He didn't dislike his crib and never tried to climb out at all so I was worried he wouldn't like the new bed. But after weeks of talking about how he was becoming such a big boy and how we were changing his room into a big boy room he made the switch with ease! At night he has only given us trouble once, getting out of bed repeatedly, but overall he got in, stayed in, and fell asleep on his own. Naps were rough this past weekend but he's starting to get the hang of it. I'm so proud and a little sad because he is getting so big so quick!
We started with the box spring and mattress on the floor and figured it'd be that way for a while but the furniture store called Monday and were able to deliver his new furniture today, about a month early! So we moved out the rest of the nursery furniture last night and today he went all big boy! The furniture is awesome, looks awesome, and he seems so excited for all of his "big boy" stuff. Tonight I was busy rearranging his room, filling his new dresser, and moving some things in the nursery. Luke's room is almost completely done, just needs things on the wall. I'm so excited to almost have a "done" stamp on one room of the house! And the nursery isn't too far behind. Take a look.
 |
| Don't mind all the piles/mess - work in progress here. |
And on a completely different note, Luke proved to me again why toddlers can't be trusted. I was busy moving things in his room and he quietly went to the kitchen, got into the pantry, pulled out the box of crackers (one of his favorite snacks weirdly) and this is how I found him - happy as a clam!
The sleeve somehow ended upside down after all this...needless to say I also added vacuuming to my list tonight.
1 comment:
The re-designed rooms look so nice. I like Luke's new furniture !!!
While you were busy getting the rooms together, little one was busy eating a snack ALL BY HIMSELF :-)
Gotta love that boy !
Post a Comment