Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Here We Go Again

My liver is all crazy again.  It's official, my body hates to be pregnant. 

My doctor has been checking my liver enzyme levels periodically throughout the pregnancy.  They were all coming back normal.  Last week she ordered one 'final' check.  Yesterday I got a message on my phone from my doctor.  It is never good when the actual doctor calls you and not the nurse.  I didn't get the message until after the office was closed for the day so naturally I freaked out.  She basically told me on the message that my blood work came back and she needed to talk to me soon so we could "figure out a new plan."  Um what?  Who wants a new plan at 34 weeks pregnant?  Who wants a new plan with their current plan already includes lots of extra testing/monitoring/pricking?  I was so close to tears.

So last night when there was nothing I could really do I googled everything.  Stupid me.  It was the same information I learned last pregnancy and I was all prepared to have a c-section and preemie.  Again, so close to tears.  I'll never learn my "don't google anything because they'll tell you the worst case scenario every single time" lesson. 

Anyway, today the second the students stepped out of third period I was on the phone to the doctors.  In my mind of course she would have 5 minutes to talk to me during my planning period, who else does she have to work with today anyway?  Well she called back at 3:45.  Let's just say today was rough and I was completely preoccupied. 

On the phone I learned my liver sucks.  Compared to last time my numbers are a bit higher at this point but not to the extreme.  She asked me what the GI doctor did last time, I explained more tests and then nothing.  She consulted with another doctor and recommended I still go back to the GI guy just to be safe.  She is also going to continue to order weekly blood work just like last time to monitor things.

After I hung up I realized it wasn't as bad as my mind had me thinking but it still sucks.  So I called the GI doctors office, explained my situation (the receptionist couldn't have cared less) and the earliest they could get me in April 11th in the morning.  By then I'll be 36 weeks pregnant and all he's going to order is more blood work.  Sigh. 

On a brighter note, we went shopping last night and I bought Little Lady T's coming home outfit!  It's adorable and so flippin' tiny.  I can't wait to have her here in it!  And we bought headbands for her too, just in case we need a little extra girly touch :)

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Love ya

Karen said...

:( The end is near!!!

AG said...

Love ya, too, and yes, the end is near. So sorry you are struggling with stuff like this. Praying for you and Baby Girl T, Chrissy :)