I think everyone is confused, it's only November - only the 6th day of November to be exact. Not December, not even winter yet...
I took a solo trip to the mall today - it was awesome by the way. I wanted to look for a new pair of jeans. I usually dread this task but today I was just happy to be out and about so off to Park City I went. I pull into the parking lot and it's packed....like every row, every spot, the entire lot. I didn't think everyone would be out shopping today but it reminded me of how it gets right before Christmas. Inside it was even worse - I heard carols over the loud speakers, saw holiday deals and signs, the only thing missing was Santa Claus himself. I like Christmas and all but I'm kinda looking forward to Thanksgiving first.
I haven't even started a list of what to buy everyone for Christmas. I feel like I could buy Luke a million things but he doesn't really need a million things. I almost bought him a cute little Thanksgiving bib today - it's so hard to resist so much cute baby stuff. Anyway, I did find a pair of jeans, a sweater, and a few things for Luke. So it was successful but I'm not sure I'm ready for the whole holiday season yet.
So yea, don't forget, they'll be plenty of time for holiday tunes, decorations, candy canes, and Christmas trees next month but its only November.
2 comments:
I agree with you 100% - poor Thanksgiving seems to be buried between Halloween and Christmas - all because of the almighty dollar ..... I call it greedy. I LOVE Thanksgiving - it brings the family together around the table to a wonderful meal of family favorites. It's great holiday !
You should post your blog in the Lancaster paper :-)
I love it!! You are so right that poor Thanksgiving gets a back seat and it is such a wonderful meaningful holiday!! I think it is Nordstroms that won't decorate until after Thanksgiving! Spread the word!
Love ya!
Post a Comment