I've finally decided that today is the day. I started weaning Luke today. My original plan was to start at the beginning of August and be good to go back to work but things have changed, I need to be away from Luke before then, so I thought I would start this week. Monday - didn't happen. Tuesday and Wednesday - I was extremely sleep deprived and didn't want to bother with it. Thursday - I had plans and used that as my excuse. Let's be honest here though, I'm just really having a hard time starting the weaning process.
What the heck is going on? In February and March I thought this day would never come. I kind of made my goal 6 months because I'd be heading back to work again right around this time. Breastfeeding wasn't my favorite thing. I know it's just not for some people and I thought I was one of those people. So why can't I seem to break it now?!? I was dreaming of this day, it's here, and I'm kind of upset. My hormones can't still be all whacked out, can they? Maybe this just shows how truly weird I am. Oh well.
2 comments:
Oh my - you certainly are not weird. You are very normal. You have been wonderful through all of this even though you haven't had an easy time of it. It's something very special and stopping means he is growing up and he won't "need" you as much (so you think!!). It is the beginning of that thing called "letting go".
I hope Luke gets with the program more quickly than you expect. What a cutie! Thanks for letting me play with him over lunch yesterday.
Post a Comment