Why yes, yes I think I am. I'm having a real hard time with no AC lately. We have central air and pretty much have had it since I can remember. Apparently when I was little we used window units, but I don't even remember that, so in my world central air is the norm, hence the spoiled brat. Well ours broke.
We figured out it wasn't working about a month ago. I know what you're thinking, who turns on their AC in May anyway - lucky for us we did. It took us until today to get three companies to come in (apparently everyone needs new AC right now) and quote us to replace it and us to finally decide what we were going to do and send in a check. So now we have to wait for the company to get our check and call us to schedule an appointment to replace it all. They said earliest it will be is the third week of June, blah.
It's been abnormally hot already this spring and everything I like to do is warm. For example, sitting here with my laptop on my lap is super warm but I'm addicted to the internets! I miss having to use a blanket when laying on the couch because its chilly in here, I miss comfy nights of sleep, and I miss drying my hair without it exploding from the humidity. I just miss the AC! Luke is a little heater himself and right now he's in a super cuddly mood, which I love, but we both end up sweating which is gross.
So mother nature if you could cool it off for a while, maybe until July, we'd be so appreciative. :)
3 comments:
It should be cool tonight .... tomorrow should be the last really hot day and then a break into next week ... put some cold water on the back of your neck, on your wrists and turn all the fans on high blowing up to the ceiling and the breezes bounce down
or
camp out downstairs :-)
Hang in there - imagine if you didn't have the one portable a/c. Nice neighbors!!!!!
I TOTALLY understand.
Warning: I get CRABBY when regulating coolness is out of my control.
Zach, bring home some Rita's!
Post a Comment