Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dun Dun Dun...



...I'm officially at the watermelon stage! Based on my measurements at todays appointment, Baby T is about 6.5 pounds and will most likely be around 7.5 pounds at delivery. I have been more exhausted lately than I ever have been in my life! Carrying around a watermelon all day at work is tough and when I get home I'm spent. Some days it makes me grumpy, other days I'm good, but I know the end is near so it's all good. I keep thinking back to when I desperately wanted my bump to show and now I don't know what I was thinking because its huge and uncomfortable. Crazy how things change. My enzyme levels went down again this week (good job liver!) and my doctor jokingly said "you can make it to 42 weeks now!"....lets just say I wasn't very amused, hah. But my blood pressure is iffy now, it's always something with me...so 39 weeks it is! That means only 2 more weeks, woot! I can't wait! The only downer today was the discussion about my weight, apparently I've gained slightly more than she wanted, but seriously with all of the stress and anxiety I've been through in the past few weeks, I don't know what she expected. Some women say they start eating less because the baby is so big and their stomach gets smaller, well unfortunately for me that never happened. Even with this melon inside of me I still always have an appetite. Giant had a great sale on ice cream yesterday too, so I probably won't be changing my ways this week. The more I think about it, all of the "good" things about pregnancy people tell me about seemed to have skipped right by me....I never ate less, I have zero nesting instinct and our house is a mess, I don't feel as if I have a glow at all instead just acne like I'm 13 again. Oh well, I'd do it all again! I feel like there was more important info to share, but my memory sucks lately too...all of my memory, smarts, and good looks are going straight to Baby T, I'm sure of it :)

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm ready!! But that doesn't count I know!! Don't worry about the house or anything - just sleep while you can...

ABA said...

WOWeeeee - we are now counting down days .... how exciting.... love your blog :-)

AG said...

There's PLENTY of time for the nesting instinct to kick in, believe me. You'll suddenly be amazed at what you want to accomplish and how much you actually get done, then "WHEW!" and you pause to put your feet up. Plenty of time, Chrissy. No problem. Let the dust settle some more until you want to whistle while you work. A comical picture ...
Love you!