Saturday, August 1, 2009
Watermelon
While I was grocery shopping yesterday I bought a watermelon. I've been craving watermelon lately, which is a good thing I guess. Earlier in the week I underestimated our watermelon eating ability and didn't get enough, so this time I went for a whole one. As I was putting it in the cart the only thing I could think of is this is going to be in my belly in about 6 1/2 months. It seemed so big and I seem so small right now. Then I started thinking, this has to come out of my belly in about 6 1/2 months! Which was a bit scarier than my first thought, but it gets worse...It was heavy and hard to carry and then I thought, maybe I'm not strong enough, like literally muscular enough, to be a mother. Who thinks like this??? All I was doing was buying fruit at the grocery store. Am I going crazy, seriously, are all pregnant women this ridiculous?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your weight gain will be so gradual that you'll be just fine. I'm so glad you won't be suffering from the heat when you're in your third trimester.
What I remember was feeling the muscles in my right arm aching as DJ/Russ got bigger and bigger. Our backs ached, too, from lifting him out of the crib or gently lowering him--after the mattress was lowered. Heavy!
Every time you get nervous about delivery or anything, think of all the women who have successfully survived and endured all the new stuff and smile.
Be thankful you don't have to deliver the baby in the fields like the old days!!! As far as the watermelon...they don't wiggle. Babies wiggle which is a big help! As far as your back and the weight... you will be surprised how you get stronger and stronger as the baby gets bigger and bigger! And then, they start walking so you don't have to carry them as much -- you just have to be up and running around to catch them!! It's all good!! :-) You are so funny!!! I love it!
Post a Comment