Helloooo nesting. With Luke I never really felt like I was nesting but I also had everything ready to go way ahead of time. Yesterday at my doctors appointment we picked the big day, Monday April 30th I will be induced! Which means in less than 2 weeks we'll meet our sweet little girl.
Super exciting and also gave me an oh.my.gosh I have so much to do moment. So at work I've been trying to tie up all loose ends and prepare to not be there anymore. At home I just can't stay on top of the cleaning (can any lady living with 2 guys, 2 cats, and a huge belly seriously do this?!?!) but I'm trying my best to at least keep it presentable and semi-clean just in case I'm gone for a few days before I'm expecting.
I also have this sudden sense to reorganize things - I'm crazy, I know. This weekends list is long and top on the list is for Zach to install the car seat bases and me to pack my hospital bag. The rest really could wait but hopefully I have a ton of energy (hahahaha, I'm hilarious).
I also have been feeling a lot of guilt all of the sudden. Not sure if this is normal but now that there is a definite end date to the pregnancy I realize that Luke's days as #1 in our house are soon to be over - we'll have two #1s. I feel guilty for some reason and am going out of my way to try and spend as much quality time with him as possible. Last night I was completely exhausted when I got home but we ate dinner, went to the park, had some Mommy and Luke time, and then off to bed. I was in bed by 9 because of it all, but it was totally worth it. This weekend we are going to try and take him to see real choo choo's - if the weather cooperates he will be oober excited! I know having a sister is a good thing and he'll be fine but its all hitting me right now. Please tell me other moms of two go through the same craziness.
Eeeeeee! (squealing with excitement) 12 days!
No comments:
Post a Comment