Friday night we had dinner as a family, did a little hanging out, and then went out to Rita's. Mmmmmm! I totally had some custard, it was amazing (remember what I'm eating these days - it was heavenly at this point), and my number after dinner shockingly wasn't bad. Yay! Luke was so excited for ice cream he has asked for it every day since :)
Saturday we went to see choo choo's! Real, big, awesome choo choos. Just the mention of going to see trains and Luke had his shoes on and was standing at the door way before Zach and I were ready to go. He squealed when we pulled into the parking lot and there were train cars everywhere! It was adorable. He wasn't so sure about actually getting on the train and I think he was confused every time the horn blew thinking it was a different train nearby and not ours but he still enjoyed it. I think his favorite part was looking at the trains from the outside so next time we may just go watch them for a while. We attempted several pictures but it sure is hard to get a toddler to look at the camera AND smile at the same time...
| I never realized this before but in several picture he had his hand in his pocket. How cute! |
Luke had such a good time he slept for almost 4 hours yesterday afternoon. That gave me plenty of time to nap myself. I'm beyond exhausted lately - maybe my body is working extra hard getting ready to have this baby?!? I sure hope so!
I also spent last night and today preparing the rest of the baby things - washing a bunch of things we borrowed from people, putting the bassinet back together, cleaning up the things we used with Luke. The car seat is by the door ready to go and my hospital bag is just about finished. Just the thought of possibly having her any day now is super exciting.
I learned that Luke loves to help me clean. I gave him some wipes and he helped me wipe down all the baby things - it actually kept him busy for over 20 minutes yesterday and again today! That's an amazing amount of time compared to his normal attention span. Next plan is to get him to clean the bathrooms :)
He seems excited about all the baby things out now but also tries to get in them or use them all himself. He obviously is way too big but I think (hope) once he sees his little sister in there he'll realize its not for him. We'll see.
And now the boys are out to eat and mommy is getting a little quiet time at home. For my 38th week I'll be getting an ultrasound, having my last NST, and my last doctors appointment! Woohoo!
3 comments:
7 DAYSSSSSSSS!!!
I'm excited!!! Love ya all!
I hope Luke squeals with excitement when his new sister arrives next weekend :-)
Post a Comment