Friday, February 3, 2012

Fail. AGAIN!

When I was pregnant with Luke I failed my 1 hour glucose test by 2 (142 instead of 140 or lower) and I was basically drained of blood due to my liver that went all crazy.  Today I got a "private number" call which should have clued me in that bad news was coming.  No news is good news and I thought since I took the test last Saturday and today is Friday I must have passed with flying colors.  Wrong.

I got a 145.  5 stinking numbers away from the golden number of passing.  Boo.  The lady almost tricked me though telling me how good my liver enzymes were and all my other blood work checked out awesomely.  Then she asked me if this was my first or not, which now seems a bit strange, only to prep me for you failed the glucose test by a little bit.  Unfortunately that means I have to schedule the 3 hour test which they trick you with because it really takes up about 4 hours of your morning and you feel like complete poo the rest of the day.  What's up with me and the oh so close but oh so far results.  Geesh.