Yesterday ended up being an impromptu date day. We had plans to run out to Harrisburg to exchange some jeans for Zach and visit our friends who just had a baby last week. My mother-in-law volunteered to watch Luke and off we went.
We started at the Harrisburg Mall - um, yeah, don't ever go there. It was very interesting. They had an Express and they had a Macy's and pretty much nothing else. I thought it was weird because no one was there. Park City gets packed on Saturday afternoons but this place was dead, now I know why. We did venture into Bass Pro Shop. That store is a big deal I guess but we're not really outdoorsy people so it didn't excite us as much. Some lady was walking around taking pictures while we were there though, she loved it.
Since the mall didn't wow us we had extra time before visiting the baby. We went down to 2nd Street and decided there would be enough to do to pass the time. We ate lunch at one of the local bars, walked around for a while, and ended up on City Island. I had never been there. We saw some crazy teenager attempting to do the batting cages on fast pitch baseball, yelling some choice words, and afraid to swing the bat, very entertaining. The Senators ballpark was open so we went in and walked around there for a bit. Then we saw the arcade and they had skee ball. I LOVE skee ball, so of course we went in and played a few games. We gave our tickets (that's right, we rocked skee ball) to some little girl and were on our way.
It was relaxing, fun, and I got to work on my tan. Score! We stopped by the hospital to visit and I got to hold their 3 day baby, adorable! I love babies and I've been able to hold so many lately. The afternoon turned out to be awesome. Yay for date day!
No comments:
Post a Comment