Sunday, February 3, 2013

Our "New" Bathroom

About a week and a half ago Zach was giving Luke a bath and noticed you could rock the toilet back and forth and the floor moved with it.  Not normal.  So I called Jim (my step dad) and asked his opinion on what to do.

Since that phone call a lot has happened.  Jim fixed the toilet, which involved ripping out 3 tiles on the floor.  So I had two options, put in 3 new tiles that didn't match the rest or replace the entire floor.  Not a tough choice, option B please.  So Zach and his dad replaced the floor last Saturday.

I painted quarter round yesterday, they installed it today (with the help of a new nail gun much to their delight!)  I patched and painted this afternoon with coat two tonight and wa-lah!  It looks like a brand new bathroom.  It's amazing what a new floor can do, especially when a week and a half ago we had no intention of doing anything to the bathroom.

finished product



the "before" shot, however they used a big bathroom rug to cover most of the grossness
I wish I would have taken a before picture.  The only thing I found was the picture from when the house was listed a year and a half ago.  However, this picture makes the floor look a million times better than it was.  It was old, gross looking laminate.  Now we have new, updated, stylish laminate.  We do plan on redoing the entire bathroom in a few years but this is a great fix until then.


Thanks to everyone that helped out!!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

It looks great!

ABA said...

It really looks great and so nice to have handy family members - saves alot of labor costs!!! A nice change!