Friday, February 22, 2013

Lies. All Lies.

**I started this post the other night before I was interrupted by children waking up/fusing in bed.  But now I'm almost afraid to post it because (knocking so hard on wood right now) she has been sleeping better.  Not great, but longer stretches at the right time of the night.  However, if I had to classify her as a certain type of sleeper, she would still fall into the "stinky" category. Whatever, here it goes**

Luke sucked at sleeping until he was about 18 months old, then again around 2.  We spent hours upon hours awake with him at the most ridiculous hours of the day.  I was cranky 24/7, there were tears and not just from the baby, it sucked.  During those months when we never got a full night of sleep I thought this would never end and I was doomed to a life of exhaustion.  But I wasn't, he grew out of it and finally figured out sleep is good, especially at night.  Good stuff.

Everyone swore to me the second child is the complete opposite.  To me this meant she would sleep, like all night and take awesome naps and just be the bestest little sleeper you ever did meet.  Lies.  It used to be 3 or 4 nights a week where we'd be up during the night but then there was the glorious nights of 6-7 hours of sleep straight.  A.mazing.  Unfortunately that isn't even happening much anymore.  Now she is up just about every night.  Like hey mom, look at me I'm all cute, I can crawl all over my crib, pull myself up, clap my hands and wave at you.  (all of which I absolutely melt over if the sun is out)  At 2 am, not cute at all.

It's frustrating and I feel like we're right back to Luke at this age.  Boo.  At least I know it will end eventually.  But if I have to wait until 18 months again, heaven help me and everyone else that has to deal with me. 



1 comment:

Mom said...

Let's plan a weekend at Camp Moms & Pops!