My little guy is turning 3 this week and wanted a Cars themed birthday party. I got all excited because that meant I got to bake and decorate a cake again! I searched the Internet and found a cake that I thought I could actually create, gathered my supplies, and spent my last two nights in the kitchen baking, cutting, frosting, dying, decorating and wa-lah, Luke's 3rd Birthday cake! I can't wait for him to wake up in the morning to see it, he's going to be stoked!
It was my first attempt at a two tier cake and with fondant. I learned a bunch as I went but I think it turned out awesome. The only piece that I bought was the candle, the rest I made from either fondant, frosting, or candy. I used a picture of another cake as a guide but changed some things as I went. I decorated a cake board then placed some of his Cars cars around the outside. Ka-Chow!



3 comments:
Holy Crap! That is amazing! Maybe a new career? LOL!
That is fantastic, Chrissy .... you did a super job and I know it will be a hit with Luke! Very good !!!
That is adorable! You are so good at this! I'm impressed and I'm sure it's just as tasty too!
Post a Comment