Monday, July 9, 2012

One if by land, two if by pee

Today was day 4 of potty training.  Let's do a little recap.  The entire weekend we stayed in with a half naked 2 year old (except last night we left the naked one with my in laws and had a kid free dinner to celebrate our anniversary. A.mazing).  Saturday - no accidents at all!  He even went out for about half an hour with Zach and no accidents.  We put shorts on him but no diaper/underpants and the kid was an all star!  Sunday we continued with the no diaper/no underpants.  He had one accident but overall, great day.  Today I put underpants on him.  He was super excited but he went through 5 pairs today!! Aaah!  I thought having him naked was the tough part.

He seemed confused by the fact that they are way different than diapers.  By the end of the day he was starting to get the hang of it all.  I would have kept him naked with shorts on again, like the method suggests, however tomorrow he goes to summer camp and must wear something.  If he could run around half naked, which I think he loved, he'd be set and I'd say he was pretty much potty trained.  Unfortunately society frowns upon that.  Bummer.

So we still have a lot of work to do but at least he knows when he has to go.  We just have to keep enforcing the where part.  I also was doing a ton of clean up this weekend even when he went to the potty.  I thought he just needed to work on his aim but tonight we bought a second potty (lugging one all around the house was a pain in my butt) and it is AMAZING!  He sits on it so much easier, does his stuff, and no missing on this one.  Love it!  So it wasn't the kiddos aim after all but how the other potty was set up.  We may be getting another one of these.
Here's his potty chart after day 4.  Lots of successes but only a few from today.  We'll get it though, then we have to work on leaving the house for longer periods of time.  I still see a lot of frustrations, challenges, clean ups, and hopefully potty dances in my future.  Potty training is straight up exhausting though, as if I didn't have enough laundry and cleaning to do already :)

Wish the little guy luck at camp tomorrow!


1 comment:

ABA said...

How exciting to see all the stickers on Luke's chart ... From a toddler to a 'big boy' in just a matter of week(s) ... He is really catching on quick and you must be so proud!