Okay, so that's not a newsflash at all but I'm struggling lately...both with eating and exercising. I don't know what happened, I was doing so well for a while. I need to try something different. I hate working out, always have and I'm afraid I always will. If I have more accountability though I might be more motivated to get moving. So Saturday I started a Couch to 5K program. Basically in 9 weeks its suppose to get you in shape to run a 5K.
Real Breaking News: I am NOT a runner. I can walk all day and night but ask me to run and its sad.
So this is challenging to say the least but maybe thats what I need. It breaks it into 9 weeks, 3 'runs' a week. Week 1 is a 5 minute warm up walk, then alternating walking for 90 seconds then running for 60 seconds for about 20 minutes, then a 5 minute cool down. On the screen it didn't seem so bad, in real life it was flippin' difficult.
Saturday I completed Week 1 Day 1. A total of 1.3 miles in 18 minutes 30 seconds averaging a 14 minutes 11 seconds per mile. Not too shabby I suppose. The stats don't include the warm up or cool down.
Tonight I completed Week 1 Day 2. I went 1.32 miles in the same amount of time averaging 14:02 per mile. So its about the same.
I have an app on my phone that tracks all my stats, tells me throughout my run when to walk/run/cool down. They also give you stats for each section of your run as you go which helps motivate me throughout. Another thing I love about my 'run' is a little bit of time to myself. In a way that makes it almost relaxing...okay my last running section I feel like I'm going to die but there are a lot of relaxing parts too.
No comments:
Post a Comment