So I've been home with both kids now for 7 weeks. Well actually last week Luke started summer camp and goes to daycare two days a week. I thought these two days would be magical and I would get all those things that I can't seem to stay on top of accomplished...ya know the important stuff like cleaning, bills, reality tv, sleep. I apparently forgot how little I got accomplished when Luke was an infant. I get more accomplished when Luke is home and is able to help me, craziness.
So after 7 weeks I'm craving a schedule. I feel as though it is way too early to attempt to get Lauren on one, Luke didn't really have a loose schedule until he was almost 6 months old but with two even I need routine and structure. Luke has been on a schedule the whole time - didn't even budge during week 1 - he needs it even more than me. So now I want something for Lauren, even if its not in line with Lukes it would just help me plan, get through the day a bit easier, and maybe actually get the heck out of this house more often. I know, I'm probably asking for a lot here but maybe its worth a try.
In other news, its been 2.5 weeks since I got the okay from my doctor to start exercising again. I really needed that. Since I couldn't eat sweets the last 2.5 months of the pregnancy I overloaded on them right after Lauren was born. So I didn't lose weight as quickly this time around at the start. I've been walking with the kids as much as possible and even got Zach to drag the elliptical into the house from the garage. Each week I've worked out at least 3-4 times. I'm down almost 4 pounds in those 2.5 weeks, booyah! I was worried about dieting and exercising while breastfeeding, but so far so good. And by dieting I mean just not eating as much crap but I still eat plenty throughout the day and pretty much what I want, I just watch how much of it. Eventually I may need to try a more structured diet but for now this is working. I am 11 pounds away from my pre-Lauren weight and 16 away from my pre-Luke weight. (yeah, I gave up on the last 5 pounds last time...) So now I'm motivated to get back to my pre-children weight and summer frankly makes you want to get there FAST!
We're headed to the shore later this summer and I am nowhere near swimsuit ready but my goal is to drop another 5 pounds before then to at least make me feel a little better in one. Really, if I can do a pound a week I'll be happy. So wish me luck all you blog readers, I'm ready to be me again.
6 comments:
7 Weeks already!! It goes so fast!!
I'm ready to hold Lauren the entire week at the shore. Not a problem.... just sayin....
ut oh .... I was hoping to hold her all week, too :-) I guess grandma has priority over great aunt .... may you have to use the bathroom alot :-)
ABA I dont think we'll be there the same time as you :( We're going the first week.
oh no ..... bummer ..... leave her there and I'll bring her home when I come back to New Holland.
Yeah, I know, I'm dreaming :-)
but I will be there and I will try to not make her cry :)
Post a Comment