Monday, November 14, 2011

Magic Powers?

You mean once you become a parent you aren't magically protected from crazy sickness?  Because its straight up impossible to be a mom and have the flu.  Impossible. 

This weekend was the first time I was really sick in years, like really sick.  At one point Zach told me I must be dying because the cats were sitting all around me as I was a useless blob on the sofa.  Animals can sense those things you know.  Fortunately he was wrong.  I'm still alive, not back to normal, but alive. 

Luke didn't seemed phased that mommy looked like, sounded like, and acted like crud this weekend.  I was still his same old mommy - kids are awesome in that respect.  But I had to stay away, didn't have the energy to play, and just felt awful like I was neglecting him.  The last thing I would want was him to get it too. 

So someone out there, work on these magic powers please.  You're the best, thanks.

No comments: