Sunday, November 27, 2011

Choo Choo Trains

Luke LOVES trains.  My current competition - Tommy Choo Choo.

He would watch that show all day long if we let him.  I don't really get it, it's actually pretty boring to watch and the old ones are just actual model trains moving around with George Carlin narrating and doing every voice of the trains.  And even though they all look almost the same, they all have different names and do different jobs as part of the "Very Useful Crew"  Craziness people, craziness.

Anyway, my aunt told me about this train room set up at my grandmothers retirement village.  There are two full rooms of model trains galore and cars running all over the place.  I'm not a huge train fanatic but it was really neat.  Zach, Luke, and I met my aunt and grandmother there Saturday for a little look thinking Luke would be in 7th heaven with all the choo choos.  I think he was so overwhelmed by the amount of trains going here and there that this is the face we got the entire time. 




They even had a Tommy Choo Choo going round and round and one of the men talking as Thomas to all of the kids.  Luke was in shock and didn't say a word.  I thought he'd be all about it but I think he was just trying to soak it all in.  After we spent about 30 minutes watching the trains we went into a third room and they had a Thomas engine the kids could sit on and take pictures.  Oh. My. Word.  A real life size Tommy Choo Choo....no way!  However, Luke was still in shock I guess and wouldn't sit on Tommy at all. 




So at this point I was thinking he wasn't really into to it, until we tried to leave and a meltdown ensued.  So apparently he loved it and just didn't know how to react.  Luckily I travel with at least 2 trains at all times and Percy and James came to the rescue.  Along with the fascination of riding in an elevator. 

Once we went back up to my grandmothers apartment Luke was back to himself and had really good time just hanging out. 





Oh yeah, we also tried to see Santa while we there....not thinking we are going to get our picture with him this year.  This was as close as Luke would get.  He was like bubblegum on my shoe. 



Maybe next year!

1 comment:

ABA said...

Chrissy ... you tell a great story!!
Next visit he won't be as shocked at all the trains, whistle and Thomas talking to him :-) He was in choo choo train heaven for 1/2 hr !!!!