Friday, November 25, 2011

17 Weeks

My first real pregnancy post now that the cat (and stomach) are out of the bag.

How far along: 17 weeks

Total weight gain: about 8 pounds so far

How much does baby weigh: This week the baby is about the size of an onion and a whopping 5 1/2 ounces. 

Maternity clothes:  I haven't buttoned a pair of pants in about 2 weeks.  I'm using the bella band most days but am thinking of breaking out the maternity pants this week.  Maternity tops are still a bit too big but my normal ones aren't looking too hot right now.  I'm all about big flowy sweaters right about now.

Stretch marks:  nothing yet. I'm gaining weight all different this time though.  I really thought at the start it was going to be another boy but now that I'm carrying the weight differently already I'm questioning if it is a girl.  I also started this pregnancy with a different shape so that could be the culprit as well ;)

Sleep:  I have been sleeping okay.  To be honest, until I'm back in my normal bed (3 more weeks!) I don't think I will sleep great.  So I can't blame it all on pregnancy.  Luke is still getting up during the night about 3-4 nights a week also, so I can't say sleep is ever good around here - pregnant or not.

Best moment this week:  Asking Luke what's in mommys belly and him responding "baby!" and giving his new sibling little "love pats" on my belly.

Movement:  I could be crazy but I'm pretty sure I can feel the baby move every so often.  It's very subtle but there.

Food cravings:  I'm just hungry all of the time right now.  I eat a lot of cereal and yogurt.

Belly button in or out: still an innie and don't expect a change, never popped with Luke

What I miss: sleeping comfortably on my stomach

What I'm looking forward to: my next appointment is Tuesday and we'll schedule our big ultrasound then

Milestone: no nausea for over 2 weeks now, woot!

Thoughts:  I can't wait to get settled in the new house so I can actually focus more on this baby and preparing for his/her arrival.  Life is nuts right now and these first 17 weeks have actually flown by.