Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy House

I'm almost afraid to write this post as it will probably jinx my fairly uninterupted nights lately but here it goes.

Luke has been sleeping.  We have a happy house. 

Last weekend Luke went to my parents for the night and after weeks and weeks of horrible nights with us he slept ALL night for them.  Say what?  His naps were off from the car rides and I thought for sure we'd pay for it Sunday night or Monday night but no.  In the past 7 days he has slept completely through the night once, a one-wake-up night, two two-wake-up nights, and the past few he's fussed every few hours but has soothed himself back to sleep so I haven't had to get out of bed, even though I woke up.  I'll take it!  In fact I find it quite amazing and am totally loving it.  Something clicked with him and for the better.  Thank goodness! 

As a result I am a happier person over all, at work and at home, and Luke is more pleasant in the mornings and at night because he's not as tired constatnly either.  Overall, as far as sleep goes, life is good. 

Luke has been such a little sponge lately.  Maybe it is because he's sleeping better.  But he's working on saying a lot more things, nothing really clear yet but he talks all the time in his little jibberish language.  He does have DaDa down to a science, Zach's a lucky guy :) 

He's started with his "I don't know" pose when you ask him a question that he has no clue of the answer.  Today he got a hold of the remote and turned off the Phillies game.  Zach and I looked around to see what had happened and Luke dropped the remote and did something like this:

The kid is hilarious.  He dances to anything, even if its not a song and you just tap on the table or your legs or something.  He also is starting to understand so much of what you say and actually does some things you ask him to.  Sleep is good, for everyone!

1 comment:

ABA said...

I absolutely love that picture and your caption!!! Adorable stage of life - glad everyone is getting their needed sleep !!