For a while now we've been having major sleep issues in our house. We have had a few golden nights of sleeping through the night but it is an extremely rare occasion. I've heard suggestions from a lot of people but nothing has worked yet. Almost everyone tells me to let him cry it out, he'll learn to soothe himself and after a night or two he'll be "fixed" forever. As painful as it seems they said it would work. Luke just screams and screams. Maybe it works for other families but it is clearly not the solution for us.
I keep wondering what I'm doing wrong but maybe I'm not doing anything wrong. Maybe I'm not the only mom out there who is overly tired, grouchy, and feeling run down. I can't be. So really, we just need to come up with a solution that works for us.
I started reading a book this past week to try and help us come up with a plan that's different than what we've tried so far. I'm a little relieved to find that I'm not alone, lots of families go through it, and many to the same extent that we do. The one thing that stuck out to me tonight is to not lose my sense of humor through it all - kind of hard to think about at 2 am, but I'll try. This is merely a small road block in the many things I'm bound to face as a parent...just imagine when Luke's a teenager, yikes.
So as tired as I feel, I gotta hold on to what I've got, doesn't make a difference if we make it or not, we got each other and thats a lot, for love, we'll give it a shot....whooooah, we're half way there, ooooh....
Sense of humor still in tact. Let's hope I can belt out this song next time I wake to a screaming child :) Luke is a really good kid, he's happy, he's funny, he's curious, he's adorable. I could go on and on. He just has trouble at night but we can and will help him fix it.
Here's hoping tonight will be less interrupted. Wish us luck!
2 comments:
Luke & I had a good conversation Monday about the importance of sleeping at night and in your very own bed AND that mommy and daddy need to sleep all night long in their bed. That's what makes morning so special when everyone wakes up happy :-)
Saying a prayer !!!
You are certainly not alone by any means!!! When you're up at 2 am just think that there are hundreds of other moms trying to get their children back to sleep too. Still available this weekend :-) Love ya
Post a Comment