Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fail.

No news is good news, so when I had a voicemail from the doctor today I knew it was no good. Apparently to pass the gestational diabetes test your results need to be below 140, well mine was 143. Seriously? I missed it by 3!?!? All because of those 3 little numbers I have to go back to do the 3 hour version. Not cool. On top of all that I have to take a day off of work to have it done. I'm hoping since my results for this test were so close to passing that I should be fine for the next one, but I'm still not looking forward to it. The doctor said they'll send me the specifics, but basically I'll follow a special diet for two days prior to the test, fast for 12 hours the night before, go get my blood taken, drink more sugary drink, and then get my blood taken again every hour for 3 hours. So November 17th I have a date with the lab, until then I guess I should watch what I eat? Not sure, they didn't really say I need to change anything for right now, but I'll still try to cut back on sweets and carbs - all the good stuff! Blah.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Bummer!!!

ABA said...

Gosh .... you are so close to the cut off number .... bummer !! I guess Baby T won't be getting any snickers for a while. Bummer!!!