Saturday, November 28, 2009

Can you say nesting?

Everyone keeps kidding me about "nesting"...well it's definitely hit. As I look around the house there are a million things I want to get done before the baby arrives. This week I focused on the nursery. The rest of the house is a mess, but Baby T's room is really coming along. I spent this week sorting through things, washing all the clothes, sheets, blankets, and finding homes for different things up there. The bedding is on and it makes it look so cozy in there. I sit in there all of the time :) With the exception of a few things in the closet, everything non-baby is out of that room finally and Baby T's things are mostly put away. I only have one more bag of baby shower things to go through. Every room I am in I think of something that needs to be done. I even started cleaning out the kitchen cabinets today in order to make room for bottles, formula, food, etc. I hate cleaning out kitchen cabinets, so this is how I knew "nesting" was real, hah. Grad class work is taking a back seat to all of this baby stuff and so is decorating for Christmas. We might go without a tree this year, still undecided. I know there is still a lot of time before Baby T arrives, but like I said, every room I look at there is something I want to get done. As long as my grad class gets done, it'll be all good, and Christmas will come and be great regardless if we have a tree or not. Who knows though, maybe the spirit will hit me in a few more weeks. A benefit to nesting is that the house will get a really good cleaning and I'm getting rid of things without thinking twice. I feel like we 'clean out' often but we have so much stuff! I might be baby crazy right now, but it's enjoyable at least :)

On a side note, I feel like a complete fool....I just realized this blogger has spellcheck. What is wrong with me?? I've been using this since June! Geez.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Nesting sounds like fun -- wish I could help! Not to worry about the tree -- we're not having one either! Love ya!