Monday, April 15, 2013

Thirty

Day 3 and being 30 isn't so bad.

In the last decade of me I graduated college, got my first real job, lived on my own, got married, bought two different houses, bought my first new car, adopted two cats, and had two kids!  Could I have squeezed anything else in 10 years, geez.  But it was all awesome and I can only hope my thirties will be just as good. 

My birthday started off with soccer practice for the little man - probably needs a blog post of its own but lets just say it was interesting.  There was not a lot of actual soccer playing but at least he wasn't the kid hiding in the net and throwing all the cones everywhere.  So we'll go back next week. 

We had a little family time around the house and I took a nap - like a long one, uninterrupted.  Some of you may balk at this notion but for me it was one of the best birthday gifts ever!  Celebrated with the kids and enjoyed a little ice cream cake then Zach took me out to a surprise location for dinner!  An awesome night out with my husband to end my day.  Not too shabby.

Everyone kept asking me how it felt to be thirty and I was all like, oh no big deal, I'm just as young and spry as before, I mean I STILL got carded at the bar...still not too sure how I feel about that.  Anyway, yesterday I scrubbed down the deck and railings and power washed everything (looks amazing!) and last night I was so sore.  Like crazy sore.  So apparently it does feel different being thirty, the needing Advil, taking it easy kind of different. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My body already feels like I'm well over 30. Hopefully turning 30 doesn't make it worse!!!