Today was not nearly as bad as I anticipated. Luke had his first day of daycare. I was a mess last night, not sure why exactly but I was. I mean don't get me wrong, I really want him to go and I think it will be really good for him, but the first day was hard. Just like the first day back to work after having him. There were tears, on both of our parts this time, but everything turned out just fine. He went, he played, he ate, he slept, I picked him up. Not too shabby.
I on the other hand went to work. So not ready for that. Only two days this week, half days at that, but it means summer is just about over. Boo. Luke and I have had so much fun this summer, I feel like I could totally be a stay at home mom. Maybe some day.
While Luke was busy daycaring and I was busy working, our carpets were busy getting cleaned. Oh. My. Word. Carpet cleaners are miracle workers. They look amazing! Now I just need to keep my toddler and crayons off of them.
We capped off the day with a little ice cream and a pep talk about tomorrow.
Mama "Luke, are you going to daycare again tomorrow to play with friends?"
Luke "uh huh, uh huh"
Mama "Are you going to have fun?"
Luke - "uh huh, uh huh"
Mama "You're not going to cry when we drop you off, are you?"
Luke "nooooo"
Gotta love my boy.
3 comments:
So glad his first day at day care went well ... he's gonna love it once he gets use to the surroundings and new friends.
WOW - I need to get my carpets done, too.
Lots going on at your place :-)
He is just a champ!
Love the pic of you and Zach! :-) you two look so nice!
Big milestone, that first day in daycare. Hardest on moms/dads. Pictures are great!
Post a Comment