Monday, July 11, 2011

One in a Million

This weekend Zach and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary.  We don't do big celebrations for stuff around here but instead try to get away now and then.  For this little getaway - Philly.  I've been to Philadelphia so many times but had never stayed over. We had a hotel room right in Center City with an incredible view.
View from our room!
 Saturday we hit up the Reading Terminal Market - so many different things and some awesome food.  We ate lunch, snacked, browsed things.  Later we went to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, all of the other sites down there, and all of the interesting visitors.  Then walked our way almost down to the Delaware river to the Franklin Fountain for some delicious ice cream and a little relaxing.
I found the Phanatic, woot!
Liberty Bell
That night we went out to eat and then found a nice little Mexican restaurant near the hotel with excellent margaritas.  Can you say delicious!

And after two of those, this is how awesome pictures turn out.

Sunday we went to the Franklin Institute.  They have an awesome mummy exhibit right now that I would highly recommend.  I used to love the Franklin Institute as a kid and its still just as cool now.  However, my super competitive husband was racing me on this simulated wheelchair race they had and ended up with a broken hand.  Kind of put a damper on the end of our weekend (and the rest of Zach's summer) but overall good times.

No comments: