Obviously a lot has happened since an entire month has passed since my last post...and I was all like, give me ideas because I'm going to start a new blog. Well I haven't started anything yet. Shame on me, I know. But I've been seriously contemplating this whole thing, and I apologize to everyone who has been checking in hopes for something. Basically, I'm hesitant because I have no idea who reads this and I'm kind of putting it all out there and it creeps me out. But I think its mostly family and friends who read, which is cool with me. So I will make a new one in time....promise.
Until then, here's our last month in review.
Christmas - We counted down, we talked to Elfy Elfy Ow (our elf on the shelf....when you leave the name up to a 2 year old you never know what you'll get) on a daily basis, we went to see Santa, we ate lots of cookies, and lots of good food in general. Opened lots of presents and spent a lot of time with family and friends. Luke was much better at opening presents but still just wanted to play with everything immediately after opening it. Lauren was more interested in eating wrapping paper than what was inside. Naps were thrown by the wayside, schedules out the window. Overall, not too shabby.
Scooter - Christmas eve we had to do the hardest thing and say goodbye to Scooter. She was my adorable, chubby, orange and white cat, my little Scooter Bug. Worst way to spend Christmas Eve and honestly put a damper on the entire holiday season. I adopted Scooter right after I graduated college and moved out on my own. She was partial to me and I to her. It wasn't something we saw coming with made it even harder. But in the end I know its what was best for her. Luke still asks about her almost daily...toddlers don't really understand things like this. Knuckles is moping around the house missing his best friend. I think we all miss her still, it sucks.
New Years - Brought in 2013 with ice cream sundaes at home and an 8 month old baby who just HAD to be awake for the start of a new year :)
Lauren - she is 8 months old as of 12/26! Say what?!? My baby isn't going to be a baby much longer, its crazy how fast the time is going with Lauren. I know I always say that, so does everyone else, but its so true. She sits completely on her own, scoots on her behind from place to place, has rolled exactly once from her back to front and only a handful of times from her front to back. Army crawls backwards. Loves to stand and hold on to things and I think she is just itching to get moving like her big brother. We're still meeting with the allergists trying to figure things out for her. No dairy at all until at least one year....that rules out a lot of food. A lot of good food mind you. She's a pleasant little thing, goes with the flow and still loves her two guys the best. Daddy and Luke make her smile the most. Her hair is coming in slowly, but still coming.
Luke - He will be three in about a month and is as wild as ever. We have our tantrums, we do time out, we fight naps, and we're working on listening. And by we I mean Luke but he also has the absolute sweetest side ever. He's mommy little guy and I wouldn't want it any other way. Still objects to just about all meat, eats every fruit and lot of veggies.
That's all for now...later.
4 comments:
I love it. I hope you keep it up!
i read... i miss you.
and im so sorry to hear about scooter :(
I love to read to your blogs!!!
I really do enjoy your updates - keep them coming. For privacy, is there anyway to password it or only available by linking to emails of those you want to limit visibility? I agree with you ... time does go by too fast ... thinking Lukester is going to be 3 yrs old and Lauren is over 8 mos. I hope they have returned to their normal schedules including naps!!
Post a Comment