I watch Ellen some afternoons after work. She's doing her 12 days of give-a-ways and they play this song over and over again. So I end up singing it over and over and over. Luke probably knows the words by heart now even though he can't talk, and I'm sure he loves my singing too. Anyway, I'm getting so excited for Christmas.
This past weekend I baked cookies. I love to bake. It's kind of hard to find the time sometimes, so I did take some short cuts and use some recipes that "helped me out" so I could make more than one kind while Luke was napping. They turned out delicious! I even think my candy cane cookies look just as good as the pictures from the recipe. That never happens, but I'm pretty darn proud of these.
I finally finished all of my Christmas cards, I'm just about finished shopping, and I even started wrapping presents last night. Luke got his very own stocking hung up this weekend, so we're all set!
On top of all that Luke has been busy. Last night he took a few steps, all on his own! I'm so excited for him, he's really on the move now. Crawling up the stairs, cruising all over the place, standing unassisted for longer periods of time, and getting daring enough to take a few steps.
Here's one of my new favorite pictures from this weekend.
And now after a long day at work, Zach's holiday party, some awkward office chatter, and a few glasses of wine, I'm off to bed. Later!
2 comments:
I have never liked office parties ... glad you made it through. Love the latest pic of Luke making a funny face. He is walking a bit? WOW - amazing what one week will do with progress of a little boy!!!
Love this update!
Good luck teaching Luke to go feet-first as he heads back downstairs.
Poor DJ - he learned in the condo stairwell. I always hoped the rugs were clean.
Hooray for the Betty Crocker in you!
Love, AG
Post a Comment